Thursday, December 31, 2009

Aughts Songs: #1 Phoenix - "Too Young" from United ('00)



PERFECTION! From the chords to the subject matter to the production to the instrumentation...is this not all the things that I loved about the other 19 songs wrapped into one? IT IS.

3 comments:

Extant Nap Ordeal said...

Awesome list! Didn't think I had heard this song, but now I recognize it. Fun choice. Congratulations on your taste, Travis.

D said...

love this song...but why no phoenix love in your 2009 list?

Trav said...

Thank you Alec. THAT'S ALL I EVER WANTED.

Good question on the Phoenix, Dan. I didn't like it, but I didn't want to be negative about it. They haven't really changed their formula at all, I'm just not crazy about any of the songs. I like "Fences" and that's about it. I loved a couple of songs from It's Never Been Like That, especially "Consolation Prizes." I also like what you said about K Getting Over You. I'm not sure I've ever felt that way, or even realized I was allowed to feel that way.